Humantay Lake Salkantay 1 day
For you that you have limited time, and you would love to know the mountains of Cusco. This program invites you to know the Humantay lake in a a short hike accompanied by an impressive landscape of Mountains.
- Departures: Daily in group
- Duration: all day
- Maximum Height: 4200 masl Laguna Humantay
Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypmapa - Humantay Lagoon - Cusco
- 4:30 pick up from your hotel and transfer to Mollepata (2 hours).
- Breakfast in Mollepata
- Continue the journey by transport to Soraypamapa (1 hour)
- Start of the walk to the Humantay lagoon (2 hours one way and 1.30 min return)
- Return to Mollepata for lunch
- Return to Cusco
- Arrival to Cusco around 18:00 hrs
Our adventure will begin with the pick up 04:30 am. from your hotels in a tourist transport. Then We will continue to Mollepata village (2 hours) located at 2900 m high. Once there, we will have our delicious breakfast and then continue on the transport for 1 hour to the starting point of the hiking Soraypampa. (3800 m).
The hike last around 2 hours of ascent to Humantay Lake (4200 m)
The whole journey is uphill, it can be exhausting but the best thing is that the view and the surrounding landscape is really beautiful, you will be surrounded by inter-Andean valleys, mountains, snowy mountains and the jackpot is at the end because, you will enjoy this beautiful turquoise lagoon, perfect for breathing fresh air and taking the best photographs.
The return is on the same path and takes 1.30 minutes. Then we continue to Mollepata for lunch and return to Cusco City. Finishing at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Note: The hike to the lake could be tiresome because of the way up. There is the possibility of renting a horse and it is recommended only in extreme cases since the road is quite steep.
We recommend to bring
- Backpack to bring your personal belongings
- trekking boots.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Sun block, sun hat and sunglases.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private transport Cusco – Soraypamapa- Cusco
- Guided service by a professional guide
- Meals (01 Breakfasts / 01Lunch)
- First aid kit and oxygen tank
- Extra expenses
We accept payments with all types of credit or debit cards VISA, MASTERCARD, DINNER CLUB or AMERICAN EXPRESS.