Tour to Machu Picchu 1 Day | Train from Poroy
This is an exclusive full day tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco city (station poroy), you will experience one of the beautifull trip by train to Machupicchu, enjoying the view of incredible scenaries along the route from: mountains, andean valleys, local villages located on the riber bank of the Urubamba river the sacred river of the Incas and once you arrive to Aguas Calientes village, will start your adventure to Machu Picchu, the Inca sanctuary.
Machu Picchu is an ancient city built during the great Inca Empire in the 15th century. It is located at 112 km to the northeast of the Cusco city and was built over the mountains. This marvel is surrounded by imposing mountains such as Huaynapicchu and Machu Picchu. This Inca citadel has an unique architectural and landscape features that today make it a world-wide Wonder worthy of it.
Are you looking something different? We take you to Machu Picchu in 1 day, in one of the most delightful train journey from Cusco city.
- Departures: Daily
- Duration: Full day
- Minimum Elevation: 2000 masl Machupicchu Town
- Maximum Elevation: 2400 masl Machu Picchu Inca ruins
Day 1: Cusco -Poroy – Machupicchu
- 5:30 am transfer by bus from the hotel to the train station in Poroy (25 minutes by car)
- 6:40 am train journey to Aguas Calientes town
- 9:54 arrival to Aguas Calientes town
- 30 minutes by bus to Machu Picchu inca ruins
- Guided tour for 2 and a half hours in the Inca citadel
- Visiting points: temple of the sun, temple of the 3 windows, temple of the condor, footpaths, viewpoints and others.
- Free time to continue exploring (optional hike to the mountains)
- Return to Cusco by train and by bus (train schedule Expedition 15:20 hrs, Vistadome 16:43 hrs)
Day 01 : Cusco – Poroy Train station – Machu Picchu
Referential schedule of start and end of tour: 5:30 to 19:00, 17:00 hrs
The tour starts with the transfer from the hotel to the train station in Poroy, located at 30 minutes by bus from the Cusco city. From there, we board the train to Aguas Calientes town located at the foot of the mountain Machu Picchu at 2000 m .The train ride takes 3 hours and half, During the route you will enjoy beautiful views of mountains and villages located on the banks of the Urubamba Valley.
Once in the village of Machu Picchu. We will board the bus to get to the Machu Picchu inca ruins. Then we will start the guided tour visiting the most important sections and viewpoints of the historic Inca citadel. At the end of the guided tour you will have free time to continue exploring Machu Picchu. Finally, we will descend towards Machu Picchu Pueblo where you can have lunch and return to Cusco by train and bus at the scheduled time.
- Cusco – Poroy Train Station: 18 km / 30 min by bus
- Poroy Train Station – Machu Picchu: 94 km / 3 h 15 min by train
- Machu Picchu village – Machu Picchu Inca city: / 25 min by car
- Pick up from your hotel to Poroy train station.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Round trip train ticket Poroy – Machu Picchu – Cusco (Expediton or Vistadome train service upon request)
- Bus tickets up and down Machupicchu town – Machupicchu ruins
- Huaynapicchu Mountain and Machu Picchu mountain ( $15.00 USD subject to availability)
- Hotel in Cusco
- Extra expenses not mentioned in the program
We recommend to bring
- Original Passport document
- Student international card (ISIC) original and valid
- Hat, sunblock, insect repellant
- Small day backpack, to carry your personal belongings during the tour
Shared Tours, Prices per person:
- Buffet Lunch at El Mapy Hotel 25 usd Per person
Special Discounts and ofers
- For students (with valid ISC CARD)
- Children under 17 years old
Choose your tour in private and enjoy the most facinating history of Cusco and Machupicchu. We going to arrange everything based only in your interest, have the most personalized service only for you and yours.
We accept payments with all types of credit or debit cards VISA, MASTERCARD, DINNER CLUB or AMERICAN EXPRESS.